RCS Middle School Track Information – 2018
· Friday, March 2 – Track registration due on SignUp Genius and $20 fee due in school office (checks made to RCS Athletics). A physical and concussion form is required by the first practice. Please turn in physical and concussion form to school office by March 2. If the athlete participated in a CSAL fall or winter sport, no action is required other than registering on Signup Genius and paying the fee.
· Sunday, March 4 – Track meeting in gym
o 6:30 – Mandatory for parents and athletes who have not participated in any other sport this school year. Kori Heiman discusses eligibility and sportsmanship.
o 6:40 – Parent meeting with track coaches. Recommended to parents new to RCS track. Optional for others.
· Wednesday, March 7 – Practice begins on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays after school at RCS from 3:30-5:00. Hurdles practice on Wednesday and Thursday from 5:00-5:45. On Thursdays beginning April 5, practice will be at Kapaun Mt. Carmel in the evening (5:45-7:15). No practice on Holy Thursday (March 29).
Saturday, April 14 – CSAL track meet at Collegiate (8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
· Saturday, April 21 – CSAL track meet at Bishop Carroll (8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
· Saturday, April 28 – CSAL track meet at Bishop Carroll (8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
· Tuesday, May 1 – Track meet at Norwich, KS (11:00 a.m. – early evening)
· Saturday, May 5 – Final CSAL track meet at Bishop Carroll (8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.) – Must participate in one event at the April 14th, 21st, or 28th track meets to be eligible to participate in the final CSAL meet on May 5.