December is going to fly by! Here are some important dates to remember:
Wow! What a great time of year! December is going to be a very busy month full of lots of fun and learning. We will be learning all about Advent and how to prepare ourselves for Christmas. Here is a song that we will be learning:
Advent Song (sung to the tune of "Twinkle Twinkle")
"Advent is a time to wait
Not quite time to celebrate
Light the candles one by one
Till the advent time is done
Christmas day will soon be here
Time for joy and time for cheer."
Children will learn that Advent is the special time before Christmas. It is the season of the Church year during which we prepare to celebrate Jesus’ coming as our savior. Christmas is the day that Jesus was born and it is the day we celebrate His birth. Advent is the four weeks before Christmas. Each Sunday during Advent we light a candle and we say a prayer. Please help your child use the Advent wreath and prayers to help make each Sunday special.
For more ideas for teaching your children about Advent go to: catholicmom.com/advent or catholicicing.com
Your child will be going to the library every Wednesday. Each child will be allowed to select one book and keep it until the following Wednesday.
Please help your child with these things:
1. Read the book with your child, and let him or her tell you about the pictures.
2. Help your child find a special place at home where he or she can keep the book so it will not be lost or damaged.
3. Remind him or her to have clean hands when they read and to turn pages one at a time from the upper right-hand corner.
4. Send the book back to the library if it is accidentally damaged. It will be fixed correctly there.
5. Please return the book every Wednesday in order to check out a new one. If you want to bring the book back a day or two earlier, there is a place in our classroom where you can put it.
6. Have your child use their backpack when they carry the book home or back to school again.
Thank you for helping your child with these things. Reading to your child has benefits that will last a lifetime.