The Pre-K classes (both morning and afternoon) will be taking our field trip to Apple Jack Pumpkin Patch on Friday, October 13th. We will need drivers/volunteers to help with this field trip. We will leave at 8:30 and return by 11:30. There will be no afternoon class. Permission slips will go home soon home! Please be sure to return them to school as soon as possible. (All volunteers must be Virtus trained.) Thanks so much.
Your child will be going to the library every Wednesday. Each child will be allowed to select one book and keep it until the following Wednesday.
Please help your child with these things:
1. Read the book with your child, and let him or her tell you about the pictures.
2. Help your child find a special place at home where he or she can keep the book so it will not be lost or damaged.
3. Remind him or her to have clean hands when they read and to turn pages one at a time from the upper right-hand corner.
4. Send the book back to the library if it is accidentally damaged. It will be fixed correctly there.
5. Please return the book every Wednesday in order to check out a new one. If you want to bring the book back a day or two earlier, there is a place in our classroom where you can put it.
6. Have your child use their backpack when they carry the book home or back to school again.
Thank you for helping your child with these things. Reading to your child has benefits that will last a lifetime.